To create an event, click the Facilitator Login tab, and login using the email address and password for your facilitator account. If you’ve forgotten your password, use the ‘Forgot Password‘ link.
After you have logged in, go to the ‘Event Schedule‘ tab, and click ‘Create Event‘ to create an Event. ���You will be taken to the Create Event page, where you will:
- Specify a Name and Description for the event.
- Select a Start Date for the Event. The End Date will automatically be set for 4 days later, making every Event 5 days in duration. You can run as many polls, with as many questions as you’d like within that 5 day Event time window.
- Choose an Event Owner, if you’d like to allow a registered member of your team to modify and/or conduct the event. See Facilitator Roles for more information about Account Owners, Event Owners and Poll Owners.
- Click “Create Event” and your event will be created. You’ll be returned to the Event Schedule screen, where you will see your new Event in the Upcoming Events list.
To create polls within your newly created Event, click on the “View Polls” button.
To create a Poll, click the ‘Facilitator Login’ tab, and login using the email address and password for your facilitator account. If you’ve forgotten your password, use the ‘I can't access my account’ link.
After you’ve logged in, go to the ‘Event Schedule’ tab, and click on ‘View Polls’ for the Event that you would like to create a Poll within.
For a full description of the relationship between Polls and Events watch our Tutorial on AnswerQwik Polls and Events.
When you click View Polls you’ll arrive at the Poll Schedule page, where you will click on “Create Poll”. Clicking Create Poll will take you to the Create Poll screen, where you will:
- Specify and confirm the password for the Poll, which you’ll provide to your poll participants so they can access the poll.
- Select the poll type (real-time or on-demand)
- Decide whether poll participants will be able to view the event results after completing the poll
- Decide whether Poll Owners can view the results of Locked Questions.
- Specify a Name and Description for the event.
- OPTIONAL: Select a Poll Owner if you have setup Poll Owner roles
- OPTIONAL: Enter any email addresses for people you’d like to invite to participate in the event
- OPTIONAL: Enter a personal message to be sent along with invitation emails
Then, you’ll add one or more questions to your event (see types of questions below)���When you’re done creating the poll, click ‘Create Event’ to save your work!
A Self Paced Poll is available to poll participants for the duration of the event that the poll is contained within. The poll runs unattended during that period of time, and is accessible to any participant with the correct Poll ID and password. Poll participants may decide when they wish to login to the poll and answer the questions, and no facilitator is required.
But a Real-time Poll is where AnswerQwik really shines! A Real-time Poll is conducted by a facilitator in front of a live audience. The audience may all be in the room with the facilitator, or they may be participating in the poll remotely, via web conferencing or video, for example.
During a Real-time Poll, the facilitator decides when each successive question is shown to the audience, and the audience can only answer a given question when the facilitator makes the question available. Additionally, the facilitator can decide whether to display results of each question to the audience as the answers arrive in real-time, or to reveal the answers only after voting has ended for each question.
With both types of polls, when an audience member has completed the poll, they may enter their email address to gain access to the complete poll results, if the facilitator has allowed such access (which is specified when the poll is created).
There are five types of questions currently available in an AnswerQwik poll:
- Multiple choice, single answer: The participants may select one and only one answer from a list of choices.
- Multiple choice, multiple answer: The participants may select one or more answers from a list of choices. For a Multiple choice, multiple answer question, you may also allow free-form text answers from the audience by checking the "Allow Free-form Text" check-box for that question.
- Yes/No: The participants are asked a yes or no question
- True/False: The participants are asked a true or false question
- Scale: The participants are shown a range of numbers from 1 to n, with a description for the lowest and highest numbers in the range. The facilitator decides the upper end of the range when s/he creates the poll. The participants then choose a number somewhere in the range. For example, the poll might ask...
Please rate your satisfaction with Acme Corp’s services:
1 - Completely Dissatisfied
5 - Completely Delighted
You may include an embedded graphic inside a question which will be displayed on both the facilitator console and the audience smartphone clients apps when the question is displayed. To do this, while you are creating a given question, simply click the "Choose File" button and select a graphic file of 1MB or less in size from your computer. The graphic you select will now be displayed with along with that question during the poll.
When you create an poll, it is assigned a unique six digit Poll ID. You can find this ID in the left-most column of the ‘Running Polls’ and ‘Upcoming Polls’ list on the ‘Poll Schedule’ tab when logged in to AnswerQwik as a facilitator. You also specify an poll password when you create the poll. If you’ve forgotten that password, you can find it by clicking on the Poll # in the list of Running or Upcoming Polls.
Your audience simply needs these two pieces of information in order to access your poll. Using their AnswerQwik smartphone clients, or by using the ‘Join Poll’ dialog on the ‘Join’ tab of AnswerQwik.com in a web browser, a poll participant enters the Poll ID and password you’ve provided them, and they will gain access to the poll.
They can access the poll any time they have an Internet connection, and they do NOT have to be in the same room with you in order to access a poll. (see “Self Paced” vs “Live Audience” Polls for more information about the different types of polls).
There are three ways to view the results of a poll.
1. If an poll is closed, the facilitator may navigate to a poll results report by clicking on the Poll ID in the ‘Poll Reports’ tab.
2. If an On-Demand poll is still running, the facilitator may navigate to the ‘View Poll’ screen, by clicking on the Poll ID in the ‘Running Polls’ list on the ‘Poll Schedule’ tab. When on the ‘View Poll’ screen, press the ‘View Results’ button to see an up-to-the-minute report of poll results.
3. During a Real-time poll, the results for each question may be displayed in real-time if the facilitator chooses by clicking ‘View Results’. To hide the results, the facilitator may click ‘Hide Results’
Note that poll participants will be prompted for their email addresses at the completion of each poll. If they enter their email address, they will be mailed a link to the poll results, which they can view if the facilitator has allowed it.
To save time in creating a new poll, you can start by copying an older poll.
To copy a poll, simply click the ‘Copy’ button on the ‘Poll Schedule’->‘Running Polls’ list or on the ‘Reports’->‘Recently Completed Polls’ list.
Modify the elements you’d like to modify (such as password, title, description, invited participants, questions, etc.), and click ‘Create Poll’ to finish.
If you have no running or future scheduled Events, you will need to create one, so that you have an Event to put your Poll into.
Using their AnswerQwik smartphone clients, or using the ‘Join Poll’ dialog on the ‘Join’ tab of AnswerQwik.com in a web browser, a poll participant enters the Poll ID and password you’ve provided them, and they will gain access to the poll. Note that the Event the Poll is contained within must be running before the poll will be accessible. To start an Event, simply click the "Start" button for the Event you would like to start from the "Upcoming Events" list.
Your audience members can get the AnswerQwik client from the apps marketplaces for the iPhone, Android, and Blackberry smartphones, respectively.
Simply direct them to search for 'AnswerQwik' on the app marketplace for their specific smartphone, and they'll find the AnswerQwik client app. The AnswerQwik client app is free for your audience to download and install.
Remember that your audience can also participate via web browser by using the 'Join Poll' dialogue on the 'Join' tab of AnswerQwik.com
To help ensure a smooth transition to the polling part of your presentation, you may want to display some guidance for your audience members while they are assembling, so they can download the AnswerQwik client in advance. Search for 'Audience Guidance' in our Support Center to find Powerpoint and Keynote slides that you can download,customize, display and/or print for your presentation!
To download the results of a poll, click on the Poll ID in either the ‘Recently Completed Polls’ or the ‘Poll Archive’ list on the ‘Reports’ tab. Within the ‘View Poll Report’ screen, click the ‘Email Report’ button and provide email addresses to have a .PDF of the event report sent to.
Note: The email that is sent will have both a link back to an on-line view of the report, as well as an attached .PDF file.
If a participant joins a Real-time Poll late (ie. while the facilitator has advanced to the second question or later), they will be ‘caught up’ to the rest of the audience. So, for example, if the facilitator and audience are on question #6, the first question the late arrival will be shown is question #6. They will not be permitted to answer questions 1 through 5.
If a participant in a Real-time poll misses a question (ie the facilitator advances to a new question before the participant answers), they will be permitted to catch up by answering each question in sequence, HOWEVER, the questions they answer after the facilitator has closed a question will not be tallied in the results.
For example, if a participant is following along with the facilitator and audience on questions # 1 through 3, but then fails to answer question 4 before the facilitator moves on to question 5, that participant will still be permitted to see and answer question 4, but their answer will not be tallied in the event results.
Currently AnswerQwik does not currently offer the ability to conduct real-time events from within a Powerpoint or Keynote presentation. However, we expect to offer this capability in the very near future.